You guys! This egg tutorial will show you how to make PERFECT scrambled eggs every time!
For years I hated scrambled eggs because they were always dry and flavor-less. Once I figured out a few simple tricks, the egg game changed for me!
A few tips (PLEASE READ!):
-When beating the eggs, you want a water-like consistency. If you pull up the whisk or fork and it's still stringy...keep stiring!
-The better quality eggs, the better it will taste! Overall, organic/cage-free eggs are generally more nutrient dense, which adds to your daily nutritional value.
-Always cook over medium LOW heat.
-If you are dairy-free, swap out the grass-fed butter for a dairy-free alternative!
-Do not add salt and pepper until after the eggs begin to cook. (Salting too early can cause the eggs to lose moisture.)
-For every 2 whole eggs you use, add one egg YOLK (only!). This will add to the flavor, texture, and color of your scrambled eggs!
Here are the ingredients for my scrambled eggs:
- 2 whole eggs (organic + cage-free, when possible)
- 1 egg -yolk (separate from egg-white)
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter
- Pinch of salt. This is the one I use.
- Ground pepper, to taste
1. Place whole eggs + egg yolks (shells discarded) into a mixing bowl or glass.
2. Using a fork or a whisk, beat the eggs continually until they reach a water-like consistency.
3. Pre-heat medium skillet over medium-low heat. Melt butter in pan until fully melted.
4. Add eggs to skillet and add pinch of salt and pepper (to taste). Using a spatula, stir continually until they reach desired doneness.
*note: I usually pull the eggs off while they are still slightly runny. The eggs will continue to cook for a minute (or so) after removed from heat. This prevents them from over-cooking and becoming dry.
5. Remove from heat & add salt/pepper as needed.